Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Since I can't actually say this to anyone...

Since I can't actually say this to anyone that it may concern, I will say it here.  I am playing 13 recitals this semester...9 before April 27th...and 5 in one week.  I'm doing my best to be at every one of your lessons and rehearsals.  But every once in a while I might have to leave ten minutes early, or accommodate someone who's recital might be four weeks before yours.  I promise I am giving priority to those whose recitals come first.  And I promise you will receive my best work at all your rehearsals and your recital.  And if I have to reschedule something, I will reschedule it.  If you have to reschedule something I will do my best...even if it is because you are too unprepared to perform.  In the mean time, please be patient.  And please stop giving me @#$% for things that are beyond my control...or for needing to give ten minutes to someone who has a recital before you or for anything else that I can't possibly divine at the moment.  I am only one person, and I am human at that.  Take a breath and relax...I'm doing my best to do the same, for heavens sake!

ps...no one who might read this fits into this category at all...I promise!  :)

3 comments:

Jackie said...

haha! Oh, dear. I love you Emily - and really, you saved my brain today. You'll make it through recital season, I promise!

Lindsay said...

Blurg. It's the life of the accompanist, always trying to mash schedules together and make everything easy for everyone else... and somehow never succeeding. You'll be great!!!

Aubrey said...

GUUUUURL! Testify!!